Each week brings its own troubles and joys, but more often than not, do I get caught up with the bad “stuff”. You know, those problems that make you want to crawl back into bed to avoid real life. I tend to get overwhelmed and frustrated easily. One negative thing piles on another, and soon I am stuck in a rut of just going through the day to get it over with. Sometimes I find myself looking forward to the weekend too much, and I end up missing out on the blessings the present time gives. Any day of the week can really exhaust me with due dates, responsibilities, commitments, or school work- I start to mentally check out after the tough stuff is over, and just pray I make it to my bed that night or to my short break of a weekend.
I don’t want to let one day or one test get me down too much though and just live for the weekend; but if you’re like me you could definitely use some Bible verses to keep you energized so you can push through the rest of the week. I want to start enjoying the little things that life brings every day, and to be thankful for what I have been given. There is so much more to life than our daily troubles or problems. In the big picture, some of our problems are so minuscule and we should try to remember that. Here are some that I found extremely comforting during a time of anxiety and stress- they remind me that God is ultimately in control.
- He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge. Psalm 91:4
- The pain that you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that’s coming. Romans 8:18
- This is my command- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- He heals the wounds of every shattered heart. Psalm 14:73
- Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
- Jesus replied, “You don’t understand what I am doing now, but someday you will”. John 13:7
- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10